We live in a messed up world…

I recently received a fwd from my best friend, that forwarded a forward to me from a friend I once knew…

He lives in South Africa and on a morning walk with his dog, met a young 14-16 year old girl who was asking for a little money. Who takes money on a walk he asked himself – This got him thinking…His dog just got a new bed, gets food twice a day and sleeps in his house. He fills his car up with gas without even blinking an eye, with the gas prices sky rocketing!!!
He works for a company that spends billions on building new fancy buildings. And then, on the street we have children asking for money…

A reply to this email from another friend I once knew – He lives in London, and two months ago started volunteering on Friday nights at a Christian Charity to the Homeless in London. They provide food, something to drink and someone to talk too. He said he could not believe how many homeless men and women lived behind pillars, under boxes, on sidewalks… Why do we ignore these people, are we expecting the social workers to pick these guys up… I love what Diederick said – I quote “Behind every Big Issue is a person for whom our Farther love and care, and behind every “small change, please” a voice asking for more than just pennies.”

I volunteer at a crises pregnancy center here in Joplin, and have lately realized all the above!!! The world is a messed up place and I think we, as Christ Followers are His plan to ‘fix’ this mess?! I know our home is not here on earth, but while we are here, we do have a ‘life to live’.

Will your neighbors miss you when you move – shared by my co-worker this morning. Just a thought!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sulke wyse woorde van so 'n jong vroutjie!

Popular Posts