Garage Sale

Thanks to Sara and Jon Hill who helped us sell all our belongings, from their yard this weekend. Our garage sale was a huge success and I am very happy to announce that we will be able to buy half a coach when we get to South Africa. (Or we can buy all the electronic things we need and sit on crates)

I almost cried twice –
Once when a Hispanic lady tried to buy our new (we got it a year ago) microwave for $28!!! I said NO and said that $35 is the lowest I can go… She borrowed some money from a friend, and loaded our ‘new’ silver microwave in her all too full minivan.
A second time when someone bought my 12” laptop green sling bag for $9 (I bought it for $80 at a MAC store in Portland).

The first major project before the move is done. We have 2 more months left before the big move (now a smaller move, thanks to the garage sale).

Comments

Anonymous said…
You write very well.

Popular Posts