someone...

My heart missed a beat, or did it drop to my knees? I’ve never had such a feeling of sadness, sorrow, pain, agony? Anger, frustration, close to hating this mad, messed up world we live in… How could I feel all of this in one missed heartbeat?

6:30am Sunday Morning - I dropped Martin of at church to find someone, who we do not know, wrote, with spray paint, some really offensive words about our God, on our church buildings front entrance!!! (It got cleaned before most people got there.)

Someone, who we do not know, is lost, and is going to HELL and what are we doing about it? We sit in our church and sing beautiful praise songs to our Lord and Savior. We listen to the preacher, and say amen in our hearts, but when the push comes to shove, we keep quiet and walk away.

Someone, who is desperately crying out for help…for love, for recognition felt the need to cry out to God ‘on’ a building. The church building is not HIS church… we ARE - the living breathing feeling human beings that are not from the world. Why is it so hard for us to be His hands and feet?

I know someone, and so do you… if each of us reached out to the ‘someone’ we know, I believe we wouldn’t have offensive spray paint sentences on church buildings.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Did it get removed before the services started? That's awful! I understand the whole thought process of "doing" church and then going about our business. Most people have that mindset. Unfortunate, but true.
Bernard said…
Wow. It sounds like something out of Frank Peretti novel...

Popular Posts