Use me…

I finished ‘Having a Mary heart in a Martha world’ this morning. At the end of the book you are challenged to pray something like – Lord use me today, challenge my being. Ok nice thinks to pray right? Well I should know better, one time when I prayed that, I woke up in the USA…

My bible study got cancelled this morning (Tuesday), I will work till 3pm, finish my paper work at LifeChoices and head home to cook my sweet man a warm dinner to comfort the hungry stomach - was my day plan.

I left LifeChoices feeling unproductive, and then HE USED ME - she was walking on 4th and Kentucky. She had a one and a half year old baby girl on her hip.
Mary*! I stopped, she recognized me. We’ve met - I gave her a ride once before. I knew her youngest was only a baby – but due to the Hispanic father, her white family did not approve of Lucy*.

I offered her a ride. In her new McDonalds uniform, she gets in. A little pink diaper bag on her back – Where can I take you today Mary? I asked. She is shy and hates to ask for help. She was going to Neosho (a 30min nearby town). Are you meeting someone to take you, I asked. ‘I’m walking, she answered. WALKING, are you kidding me, I wanted to shout. ‘I’ll take you sweet Mary’.

I called a friend to ask directions to Neosho, (I can get there now…) we head South on 71.

Lucy* can hardly sit still, halfway through the ride, we smell why...
She has dark brown, curly hear, dark eyes, white baby teeth and a dark skin. She is beautiful. What a life, I think after Mary announce she has some business to take care off. Her other children are at bible camp she says, I do not believe her.

We turn on High Street.
Left at a church.
Here she says – A shelter I think? What business do you have at a shelter… Thank you, she says. I’ll see you again, I say. She heads to the door of the shelter.

I turned the car around. Speechless I drive. Motionless. He used me…

* Not their real names

Comments

Ryan Claborn said…
Wow!

Cool story. Never know what God may do when we are available to Him.

Popular Posts