Hope

At our church, you are not just a member of Doxa Deo, you are a partner. What I love about this concept is it is not just the pastor who can pray for the sick, care for the needy and council the broken hearted.

I received a call on Sunday morning. I church 'partner' of mine, had picked up a 19 year old, white girl who was on her way to a shelter on Saturday afternoon. (Some back ground on shelters in our area - WE DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH!!!!) This colleague, decided to be this young girls shelter for the night. She was being Jesus. She brought her to church and then tried to reconcile this young girl with her foster family... She gave this homeless girl HOPE.

I can say many things - one the South African Welfare let this girl down! (I can't give any detail about this case). If someone cared enough for her (10 years ago), she would be able to write, read and have some sort of an education. But now, she is hopeless. She can barely read. Who will take her in?

This morning I was reading Stefany Heads blog, and I so wish she could be one of the Doxa Deo's Partners... do yourself a favour and go read her entry!!!

May the desire of our hearts be to be like Christ in this time!

Comments

oh dear, sweet, friend... i miss your face. :) thank you for this encouragement today.

Popular Posts