To Own a Dragon!

I recently finished Donald Millers latest book – To own a dragon.

Martin read it first and left it on the coffee table in our living room and made me promise I’ll read it before I hand it over to the bookshelf. We’ll I did, and loved it.

Don (as you get to know him through the book) does a great job of putting his thoughts on paper, if you have a scar somewhere because of your father this is a great book to read. Don has an extreme case of father neglect (my definition), and this book came out of a healing time for him.

Quotes that raised the hair on my neck (from www.belmontfoundation.org):
63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes – 5 times the average (U.S. dept. of Health/census.)
85% of all children who show behavior disorders came from fatherless homes – 20 times the average (center of disease control)
71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes – 9 times the average (national principals ass. Report)
85% of all youth’s in prison come from fatherless homes – 20 times the average (Fulton Co. GA, TX dept. of correction)

Comments

Popular Posts