Val de Grace - Birds

I got a Bird Guide for Christmas. Here are some of the beautiful birds I've seen in our Garden in Val de Grace, Pretoria.

1. I was sitting on the balcony. I could not get Anke to sleep, I was praying softly asking God to give me strength and patience. Suddenly I saw this beautiful bird with its rusty feathers in a tree not far from me... The Paradise Flycatcher! Needless to say, I felt better and it didn't take long before she was asleep!

2. If we open our bedroom curtains, it feels like we are in a tree. So last week, early one morning, Martin saw a couple of Red billed Wood Hoopoe's. We've never seen these before... it is a very cool bird :)

3. I spotted this little guy, the Black eyed Bulbul on Christmas, sitting outside with my dad. They call it a "butter bottem"... You will see why!

4. The Glossy Starling is a daily visitor.

5. Coming back from picking Martin up from work, I was a Black Gollared Barbet. Wow, first timer. Love living in this area!!!!

6. We have a couple of Olive Thrush birds, who are very regular visitors. They drink water in the garden and if you work in the garden a little, they are there to pick up any displaced bugs.

7. The Speckled Mousebird is so cute, it is as small as a mouse...

8. Cape White Eye birdies are beautiful and I see them daily! They make me smile! This is a picture I took of the "Glasogie" in our Tree.















We have 'normal' birds like doves... but we all know what they look like!!!

Comments

Popular Posts