13thFloor's South African visit


We invited some of the South African's to come enjoy a 'Pannekoek & Malva Poeding' night at our apartment, on Thursday night after truck pack. Oh how great it felt to hear a house filled with Afrikaans speaking people (Jennifer can say Oupa & Ouma sit op die stoep, so she counts too).


Christian, Anel and Jennifer & Waldi with Martin before dinner. Lizanne made 8 cups of coffee before dinner (yea for that African tradition!!!), therefore the white mugs.




Waldi & Andre, with Martin in his studio... talking music - how can they not. We could only house one person, and Waldi was the lucky one. It was as if we had a reletive visiting us... (We wanted him to stay). It was really sad when he got in the van on Friday morning.




Here is one of my new favorite American friends. Jennifer (Stasia you are nr 1)... She is from Mt. Vernon IL... & was in C-Kruis for a year. Jennifer is so cute, & her passion for life is addicting. You want to know her...



Steyn, my dearest 'school friend' or the closest Youth Minister... so passionate about life. We attendended dozens of Christian Conserts in our day... So many life changes during our 12 year friendship. God has blessed me with a friend, I will always call FRIEND. Steyn is one of the most gifted servant artists I know. Lief vir jou vriend.



I thank the Lord for sending this team to Joplin, it was a blessing to our community and to Martin & I. Life without friends is like a life in the desert.

Comments

Jo said…
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I used to live in Missouri myself (Springfield & Willow Springs). I met my hubby there! :)
God bless you.

Popular Posts