Woman #8 - Elita Maliepaard


Elita Maliepaard is my cousin. She is married to Pieter and has two daughters, Elisha and Annemi. They live in Perth. This picture is a little outdated...

Elita is the older sister I never had. She is very artistic and I love her paintings. I still have one of her blocked women paintings.


She has strawberry blond hair and is much taller than I. We don't look anything alike! These are all my cousins about 16 years ago- Elita in the middle is holding Sugnet (Monica's daughter), I'm holding my sister Ilze (I'm wearing the flower pants :0)

She took me for a drive in her Mini after she got her license, to a pizza place down the road. She would bake muffins for breakfast if I visited her in her apartment. We once did an outreach together. Sold fundraising tickets at Edgars for a ministry who's name I can't even remember anymore.

We spent hours at the Kruger National Park with her family. I loved the early morning game drives, with coffee and 'beskuit' at the water hole, waiting for animals. Sleeping alone in her tent... The adventures.

Her cousin once burnt down a little straw-house we built on her granddads farm... The only thing that was left was two plastic puddles, that once where my new shoes.

We talked about kissing boys. Movies and piercings. Dreaming of one day, having our own children. I was always intrigued with her and her friends' adventures, for she was growing up in the City and I in the Country.

Elita can make the most beautiful flower arrangements, make amazing chocolate mouse and she can make a Christmas tree out of a dead branch.
Her girls always dress alike and is as cute as their mother.
She loves Pieter.
Elita chose to stay home with her girls... I love that.

My cousin, my sister serves Christ with her entire being. I really miss our adventures together.

Comments

Popular Posts