Woman #2 - Loraine Hope Schutte


Loraine Hope Schutte is my grandmother (and I think I look like her...)

Ouma Loraine will be 82 in October. I JUST LOVE HER. She still lives in her own 3 bedroom townhouse, opposite a retirement village. I don't think she is planning on ever moving across the street...

Ouma Loraine has 4 children, my mom is the 2nd. My grandpa died more than 20 years ago... and Ouma never remarried. She has 14 grandchildren and 8 great grandchildren. Ouma loves her children, she would do anything for any of us.

She loves Christ. One of my first memories of her is on the farm in Magaliesburg, I was about 11. Grandpa had died already so she slept with me in my room. I woke up early the Saturday morning to find Ouma already upright in bed with her Bible open on her lap... She is like a cornerstone to our family. I believe we've overcome many hardships because we have her, our prayer warrior. She still has a Bible Study group!

Before flying back to Cape Town after Anke and I visited my family, we stopped at her house (she lives close to the airport). She walked to the shop to buy fish and chips for us... So as we turn up her street, we see this little old lady with a basket, walking slowly. IT IS HER. Oh how fond I am of her.

She loves flowers, and her garden is always 'overfull', she loves sales and always hunts for a bargain. We can never leave without cleaning our plates - waste not want not.

She will always send a birthday card and include a verse, such as Ps 23:1 or Phil 3:14.

Ouma Loraine has taught me to love Christ first.

Pray with expectancy.

Love your family, you did not choose them.

Reuse, recycle and save where you can.

This picture was taken in 2008. Blog about the 80th birthday...

Comments

Popular Posts