Woman #1 - Ida Louise Potgieter


Ida Louise Potgieter is MY mother.

My mother loves Jesus, her family and could not care less if she had no money in the bank. She has a husband (Izak Johan Hendrik Potgieter), 4 children (Ben, Johan, Ilze and I), + 3 (Elanie, Martin and Chanel)... She is a passionate grandmother of 3 (Luan, Vian and Anke) and friends dating back 5o years... Yip, she has a heart like a South African Taxi - always seats for more.

My mother is a teacher at a public school, and she will pay each matriculant R500 if they get an 80% at the end of the year in her subject (don't tell the department of education)... Once a year she takes her students to the OR Tambo Airport, yes, she gets a local taxi and of they go to J'burg.

Louise means warrior... as a little girl my mom overcame polio. She is such a warrior. My mother has moved more in her life than what you can count on both hands. She is packing as I'm typing.

She taught me to LOVE people passionately. Forgive continually. Serve Christ first. Never never never give up on someone. Money can never buy relationships...

I honor you Mom for imparting a piece of you in me! I.LOVE.YOU

Comments

Unknown said…
What a wonderful way to show your mom how much you love her. She must be so proud of you:)

Popular Posts